Sticky BBQ Chicken Sliders
Are you looking for an easy grill recipe that is delicious and fun for the whole family? Whether cooking for a small group or a big party, this Registered Dietitian developed sauce is the perfect summer recipe for outdoor grilling. Make this simple recipe in just a few easy steps, by creating your go-to sugar-free BBQ sauce using Purecane™ + your favorite sandwich toppings. Sun’s out, buns out!
Prep Time: 35 mins
Cook Time: 12-15 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (sliced in half and pounded to 1” thickness)
- 2 small avocados, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup spinach or butter lettuce leaves
- 16 whole wheat slider buns (or butter lettuce leaves if low carb)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large zipper-top bag or a bowl
- Add the chicken to your bag or bowl and seal. Leave in the fridge to marinate (at least 30 minutes, up to overnight).
- Fire up the grill! Cook each marinated chicken breast for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.
- Build your sliders by adding your favorite sandwich toppings. We love avocado, tomato, red onion, and butter lettuce.