Gluten Free Pumpkin Spiced Donuts
- 1 cup almond milk or plant based milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup maple syrup (or use our homemade sugar-free syrup)
- ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- ⅓ cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free all-purpose flour)
Optional Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Optional: Garnish with pumpkin seeds
Preheat the Oven to 350°F.
In a large-sized bowl combine plant-based milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup or homemade sugar-free syrup, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, melted vegan butter, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon, mix until well combined. Then, add the flour and mix until a batter forms. Pour the batter into 18 silicone donut molds.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the donuts are risen, completely cooked through, and lift easily out of the pan.
Optional: While the donuts are baking, mix the vegan cream cheese icing ingredients. Add more Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener to make the icing thicker.
Wait for the donuts to cool before icing OR ice them while they're warm to create a "glaze effect."
Optional: Garnish with pumpkin seeds
Serve and enjoy!