- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup warm milk (can use milk of your choice)
- 2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast (about 1 packet)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened at room temperature)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Milk of choice
- Orange Zest
Make Your Dough:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm milk and active dry yeast. Set aside in a warm environment for 5 minutes, or until foamy in texture.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, add the activated yeast, olive oil, and eggs to milk until well combined. Using the knead attachment, gradually add in the flour and salt. Let it knead for 8-10 minutes, until dough is smooth and pliable.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover to rise in a warm environment for 1-2 hours, or until doubled.
- Punch down the dough, then cover to set aside in the fridge overnight (8-12 hours).
Create The Rolls:
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the filling ingredients.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 14x9" rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, leaving a ¼" margin along the edges.
- Rub the Purecane™ Brown Sweetener into the butter.
- Tightly roll up the dough, trying to seal the edges as best as possible.
- Cut dough into 12 equal-sized rolls with a serrated knife or cotton twine.
- Place them into a muffin tin that has been greased with butter.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and rest in a warm environment for 30 minutes to an hour, or until rolls double in size.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- While your rolls are baking, make the icing by whisking together the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener and milk, adding ½ cup at a time until your desired thickness.
- Once the cinnamon roll muffins have cooled, drizzle with the icing and orange zest.
- Serve and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this sugar-free sweet breakfast recipe? Check out some of our other sugar-free delicious baked recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of southern charm and a dash of rich brown sweetener, this peachy crisp is everyone’s favorite summer recipe: Peach Crisp With Pecans
Sugar-free melt in your mouth pull-apart bread, that will spice up any day: Sugar-Free Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread
These light and healthy chocolate muffins are scrumptiously delicious!: Chocolate Muffins With Peanut Butter