Homemade Apple Butter (Small Batch)
Apple-solutely the tastiest spread you’ve ever had. A blend of smooth, crisp, sweet apples paired with warm, rich flavor makes this butter the perfect additive to any breakfast dish or fall-inspired charcuterie plate! Bonus: it’s super easy to make. Just combine the ingredients in your slow cooker and leave it to cook. Fall leaves are falling, Autumn treats are calling.
By Lisa of @BeautyByBenz
- 1 ½ lbs apples (approximately 6-7 apples)
- 3 tablespoons Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 3 tablespoons Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel, slice and core your apples.
- Place all your ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook mixture on high for 4 hours. When it’s almost done (wait until at least 3- 3 ½ hours) use a hand mixer or the back of a fork to mix all the ingredients into a mashed, jam-like consistency.
- You can enjoy right away, or refrigerate in a mason jar for up to a week.
- Serve with any breakfast treat and enjoy!