Let’s talk about an original and classic that needs no introduction. Pound cake is one of the most traditional desserts, whose dough is so tasty it doesn’t even need a topping! A traditional pound cake can use up to an entire POUND OF SUGAR! We happen to prefer this smaller version from John Kanell. We at Purecane believe you don’t have to say no to these yummy sugar-filled desserts. Try our version with ZERO added sugar but all the same delicious taste. No compromising here!
Made by Meredith @merlada
· 1 cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
· 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
· 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
· 4 eggs
· ½ cup lite sour cream
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· Optional: Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x5 inch baking pan. A light-colored pan is preferred over a dark pan because it is likelier to cook more evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the room temperature butter with a hand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Add in the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and combine until mixture is light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until even. Check and remove any flour or butter pockets.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and lightly stamp it on the counter to remove bubbles.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Option to dust the top of the cake with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener.
- Serve and enjoy!