Homemade Orange Liqueur Margarita
Celebrate National Margarita Day with our homemade, no sugar added classic cocktail inspired by Kris Bordessa’s margarita! Orange liqueur is what makes or breaks a great margarita, but the amount of sugar is less than fab. Switch it up with our Purecane approved version, where the only sugar comes naturally from the orange! Sip, sip, HOORAY!
Made by Meredith @merlada
Orange Liqueur Ingredients:
· ⅔ cup fresh squeeze orange juice, strained (3-4 oranges)
· ⅓ cup Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
· ⅓ cup water
· 1 cup vodka
Classic Margarita Ingredients:
· 4 oz blanco tequila
· 2 oz Purecane™ Orange Liqueur
· 1 ½ oz fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
· Optional: 1 tablespoon Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
· Optional: 2 lime wedges
- Combine water and Purecane™ Spoonable Canister into a small saucepan and warm over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sweetener has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add in fresh orange juice and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add vodka to your cooled syrup mixture and set aside. You can also transfer to a mason jar for easy refrigeration.
- TIP: If stored, make sure to give it a good shake before pouring.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of 2 glasses and dip rims into Purecane™ Spoonable Canister. Set aside.
- Combine the tequila, Purecane™ Orange Liqueur, and lime juice in a shaker. Fill with ice and shake until chilled.
- Fill each glass with ice and strain the margarita into each, garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!