Reduced Sugar Apple Pie
After one bite you won't believe this is a reduced sugar apple pie!
- 8 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (10 medium)
- ½ cup Purecane Zero-Calorie Baking Sweetener
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 sugar free pie crusts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, core and chop your apples and toss in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Purecane Baking Sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour.
- Sprinkle the mix on top of the apples and mix to combine.
- Mix the vanilla extract to the apple mixture.
- Roll out a pie crust to fit the bottom of a pie pan.
- Pierce the crust with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Pour the apples on the crust.
- Place the pieces of the butter on top of the apples.
- Roll out another pie crust and cut into ½ inch strips.
- Create a lattice top by alternating strips of dough.
- Pinch the edges of the crust together to seal the edges.
- In a small bowl, mix together the milk with the egg and whisk to combine.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash on the top of the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and then wrap the edges with aluminum foil.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Let fully cool prior to slicing and then enjoy this apple cinnamon dessert!