Reduced Sugar Gingerbread Waffles
Looking to get your Gingerbread fix this year outside of the traditional gingerbread cookies? With a perfect blend of ginger and spices, add these Gingerbread waffles to your holiday menu for a more festive breakfast or brunch! This holiday go-to breakfast treat can be customized and made sweet for the whole family!
Inspired by Andre of @entreesbyandre
Made by Tiffany of @foodtoobomb
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 pinches of cream of tartar
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener (firmly packed)
- 2 tablespoon Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 ½ cups of half and half
- ½ cup of molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
Cooking spray of choice
Optional Toppings: Fruit, Jams, Homemade Sugar-Free Syrup, or Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Preheat the Oven to 200°F and turn on the waffle maker to allow it to warm.
Prepare Your Waffles:
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cloves, and ginger in a large bowl. Whisk together with a wire whisk until combined. Set mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until they form stiff peaks. Make sure you do not have any yolk in the mixture, or it will not form properly. Be careful not to overwhip because it will break down the batter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, eggs, half and half, molasses, and vanilla. Mix with a handheld electric mixer until well combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk together. Make sure to not over mix.
- Then pour melted butter into the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Take whipped egg whites and gently fold into the mixture.
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into waffle iron and cook according to waffle maker’s instructions.
- Immediately serve or place in a lined sheet pan and place in oven to keep warm.
- Option to serve with fresh fruit, jam, syrup, and/or dust with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener.