- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- In a large saucepan, whisk together lemon juice, zest, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and eggs.
- Stir in butter and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until curd has a few bubbles on the top (about 6-7 minutes). Be careful not to overcook as you’ll have pieces of cooked egg if the curd gets too hot.
- Transfer lemon curd to a storage jar, like a mason or canning jar. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, but you can store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serve with donuts, muffins, scones, biscuits, and more. Enjoy!
Did you like this sugar-free curd recipe? Check out some of our other jams and sauce recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
Sweeten your morning or afternoon delights with this jammy recipe: Chia Jam
Need a scone recipe that will pair perfectly with your Sugar-Free Lemon Curd: Lemon Blueberry Scones
The beverage pairing of choice with any morning sweet, try the fun coffee trend that brought iced coffee to a whole other level: Dalgona Whipped Coffee