APPLE HOT BUTTERED RUM
The Perfect Holiday Cocktail is Just a Few Steps Away!
By Gavin and Karen of @Coupleinthekitchen
- One apple, peeled and diced
- 5 Purecane™ Individual Packets
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise pod
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rum
- Bring one cup of water to a boil along with your apple, 1 Purecane™ Individual Packet, the cinnamon stick and the star anise pod.
- Once that’s been brought to a boil, turn the heat down to let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use a potato masher to mash the cooked apple.
- Allow to cool.
- Bring one cup of water to boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, remaining 4 Purecane™ Individual Packets, allspice, clove and ground cinnamon.
- Add in the apple fruit mixture and mix to combine.
- Add in rum and then stream in the boiling water. Mix to combine.
- Ladle into cups and serve with a garnish of apple slices, cinnamon sticks and star anise.