Sugar Free Limoncello Recipe
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup Purecane Spoonable Sweetener
- 6 lemon, peeled
- 1 ¼ cups of vodka
Note: If you don’t have a sous vide, simply leave the lemon peel and alcohol mixture in a jar on your counter for 4 weeks.
- Set your sous vide to 135 degrees fahrenheit.
- Wash all of your lemons thoroughly under warm water.
- Peel the skin off of 6 lemons, and try to get as little of the lemon pith as possible because it will make the limoncello more bitter.
- Place the lemon peels into three mini mason jars or one large mason jar and fill with vodka.
- Seal the mini mason jars and place in the sous vide water bath for 3 hours.
- Remove the jars from the water bath. While the jars are starting to cool make your Purecane Spoonable Sweetener simple syrup by boiling the water
- When the water is boiling mix in the Purecane Spoonable Sweetener and stir till its dissolved, remove from heat.
- Open each individual jar and filter out the excess lemon rinds.
- Sweeten the limoncello to taste with your Purecane Spoonable Sweetener simple syrup, we preferred 4 tablespoons per mini mason jar, or ¾ of a cup total.
- Chill each mini mason jar in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Shake or stir before drinking as some natural separation may occur.
Notes: Be sure to store the limoncello in the freezer as it is best served cold.