PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
These Cupcakes Are What Pumpkin Spice Dreams Are Made Of
By Gavin and Karen of @Coupleinthekitchen
- ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 6 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup 0% plain Greek yogurt (divided)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz package of cream cheese
- ½ stick butter softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter silicone muffin tins.
- Cream Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and butter together for 3 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Meanwhile, create your spice mixture in a small bowl; combine cinnamon, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add in the spice mix and whisk to combine (a fork works!).
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the butter mixture. Let each combine for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 of flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix until just combined. Add 1/4 cup of greek yogurt. Repeat.
- Split the batter between 12 muffin cups and bake for about 22 minutes, until the tops bounce back to the touch. Let cool before applying the frosting.
- While your cupcakes are baking, start the frosting by mixing the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add in the cinnamon, 5 teaspoons of Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Chill the frosting while the cupcakes are baking.