Brown Sweetener Maple Nutmeg Cookies
These sugar-free cookies are sure to become your new favorite!
By Thomas John of @thomasjohn26
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (or ground nutmeg)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp maple flavoring or extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cookie topping ingredients:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream together butter with Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, maple extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just set and start to brown on the bottoms. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Stir together your cookie topping ingredients (nutmeg, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener ) and sprinkle over the tops of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!