Vegan Vanilla Donut Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups regular or gluten free all purpose flour
Strawberry Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 12 oz Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla together. Then, mix in the flour until the batter is smooth. Spoon the batter into 14-16 greased silicone donut molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, add your strawberries into a small saucepan and heat them over medium/low heat until they're completely broken down (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Once the strawberries have broken down, use a handheld immersion blender to blend the berries. Then, use a whisk or electric mixer to mix in the softened butter, lemon juice, and 2 cups of Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (adding more as needed for a thicker frosting). Set aside until the donuts are completely cooled and ready to frost.
- Once the donuts are cooled, then spoon the frosting over top. You might have leftover frosting so feel free to freeze for 30 days. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.