Strawberry Frosted Donuts
You’re just 30 minutes away from a delicious and healthier version of your favorite dessert!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Vegan Vanilla Donut Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups regular or gluten free all purpose flour
Strawberry Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 12 oz Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla together. Then, mix in the flour until the batter is smooth. Spoon the batter into 14-16 greased silicone donut molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, add your strawberries into a small saucepan and heat them over medium/low heat until they're completely broken down (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Once the strawberries have broken down, use a handheld immersion blender to blend the berries. Then, use a whisk or electric mixer to mix in the softened butter, lemon juice, and 2 cups of Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener (adding more as needed for a thicker frosting). Set aside until the donuts are completely cooled and ready to frost.
- Once the donuts are cooled, then spoon the frosting over top. You might have leftover frosting so feel free to freeze for 30 days. Enjoy!