Chocolate “Dirt” Cake Trifles
Hey, Boo! Halloween is around the corner and it’s time to get ghoulishly sweet with these easy chocolate-layered trifles. These individual chocolate delights give us an eerie graveyard vibe but serve all the tasty textures of moist cake crumbles, silky smooth pudding, and delicately whipped topping. How are you going to show up this scary baking season?
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
Chocolate “Dirt” Cake Trifle Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups fine almond flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons high quality cocoa powder
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar-free vanilla pudding
- Orange food coloring
- 2 cups Cool Whip, thawed in refrigerator
- Gummy Worms, for decorating
- Candy Pumpkins, for decorating
- Candy Eyeballs, for decorating
- Mini PB Cups, for decorating
- Homemade RIP Gravestones using Milano Cookies and Melted Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together.
- Create a well in the center of the bowl. Add the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. Working your way from the inside of the well to outside, mix the batter together just until combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely once done baking.
- Mix the vanilla pudding with orange food coloring until desired pumpkin color.
- Gently crumble the cake into small pieces. Distribute half of the cake crumbles among six small glass cups.
- Add a generous layer of pudding to the glass cups, then a layer of the cool whip.
- Lastly, distribute the remaining cake crumbles on top and decorate your dirt cakes with your choice of candy. Enjoy!