Chocolate Muffins with Peanut Butter
These light and healthy chocolate muffins are scrumptiously delicious! They're vegan, gluten-free optional, and super moist, soft, and oh so chocolatey! Our go-to Purecane influencer baker Jillian has turned an indulgent chocolate muffin into a guilt-free treat!
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened plant-based milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ vegan butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free or oat flour)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Drizzle Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 14-16 muffin tins with paper liners.
Make The Muffins:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, hand mix the plant-based milk, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and cocoa together until smooth.
- Begin to add the all-purpose flour or oat flour and mix until a thick batter forms. Option to fold in vegan chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into 14-16 lined muffin wells and bake for about 25 minutes or until the muffins have completely risen.
- Just before the muffins are done baking, microwave the creamy peanut butter for about 30 seconds.
- Allow the muffins to cool and drizzle the melted peanut butter on top. Enjoy!