- 1 ½ cups unsweetened plant-based milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ vegan butter or coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free or oat flour)
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Drizzle Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (creamy)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 14-16 muffin tins with paper liners.
Make The Muffins:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, hand mix the plant-based milk, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and cocoa together until smooth.
- Begin to add the all-purpose flour or oat flour and mix until a thick batter forms. Option to fold in vegan chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into 14-16 lined muffin wells and bake for about 25 minutes or until the muffins have completely risen.
- Just before the muffins are done baking, microwave the creamy peanut butter for about 30 seconds.
- Allow the muffins to cool and drizzle the melted peanut butter on top. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this scrumptious muffin recipe? Check out some of our other breakfast-inspired recipes using our all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of tang and a kick of zang, these sweet breakfast treats are here to serve: Rhubarb Crumble Bars
Enjoy your favorite breakfast beverage with the delicious breakfast staple: Sugar-Free Biscotti
Scrumptious naturally sweet scones for any occasion!: Lemon Blueberry Scones