Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk (use an unsweetened milk alternative of your preference)
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- ¼ cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can use gluten-free or regular)
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line the muffin tray with lined muffin cups or option to lightly spray the muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond milk, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, melted vegan butter, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla and mix. Then, add in the flour, mixing until smooth (careful not to over mix)
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tray, and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cupcakes are lightly golden on the top.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix the cinnamon sugar ingredients in a small bowl to use later. Set aside.
- Once the cupcakes are finished baking, allow the cupcakes to cool for a short amount of time then dip the tops of each cupcake into the cinnamon-sugar mixture (be careful they will be hot!) If the cinnamon sugar isn’t sticking, you can lightly spray the cupcakes with a little coconut oil spray before dipping into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.