Cranberry Cherry Snowflake Pie
Slice into this delicious holiday-ready pie! A mix of tart, sweet cranberries, cherries, and orange makes for a show stopping dessert. The perfect pairings of fruit with a buttery and flakey crust will keep your guests coming back for more. Thanksgiving is made that much sweeter thanks to our zero-calorie Baking Sweetener.
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pie crusts (store bought or homemade)
- 4 cups frozen cherries
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vanilla bean ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the pie crust to ¼” thick on a floured surface. Place the bottom pie crust in a lightly buttered pie pan. Add dry beans to keep it from puffing up during baking. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the cranberries, frozen cherries, orange zest, and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener to a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cranberries have burst and are tender.
- Add the flour into the saucepan. Stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the filling to the baked pie crust pan.
- Create the top pie crust by cutting it into strips, and placing them on top of the pie filling as a lattice cut-out.
- Using snowflake cookie cutters, cut out 8 to 10 different sized snowflakes in any remaining pie crust. Add to the lattice top.
- Brush the top with an egg wash and top with more baking sweetener.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying warm, and topped with vanilla bean ice cream!