Brûléed Brie Charcuterie Board
Holidays have never looked sweeter with this easy, low-calorie sweet appetizer (or dessert)! Make this recipe customizable for any event or occasion using your favorite fruits, crackers, and other accouterments. Warm up for the holidays with our 5-step charcuterie board, made healthier by replacing conventional sugar with a dash of Purecane.
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- Brie Wheel
- Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- Crackers or Crostini
- Fresh Fruit (such as grapes, persimmons, pear or berries)
- Accouterments (such as roasted nuts, chocolate, dried citrus, fresh herbs, cornichons)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut off the top outer layer of the brie. Place in a small oven-safe serving dish to bake for 6 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, arrange your favorite charcuterie ingredients on a board, leaving room in the center for the brûléed brie.
- Once warm, remove the brie from the oven and place in the center of the charcuterie board.
- Top with a generous layer of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. Using a kitchen torch, brûlée the Purecane on top until caramelized and golden. (If you don’t have a kitchen blow torch, top the brie with Purecane in the baking dish and broil on HIGH for 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on it!)
- Serve this dish while it’s still warm. Crack into the crunchy top with a fork or cheese knife and enjoy!