Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Danish
When life gives you lemons, make cream cheese danishes! This sweet and tangy recipe is straight from the bakery, sans all the added sugar using both our zero-calorie Baking and Confectioners Sweeteners. A fun and easy treat that will bring sweet smiles to the ones you love using only a handful of ingredients! Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
· 1 box puff pastry (thawed)
· 8 oz. cream cheese
· Zest of 1 lemon
· 1 cup lemon curd
· 1 Meyer lemon (thinly sliced)
· 1 cup water
· 1 large egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- First, prepare your candied lemons; simply bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in a ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. Add the thinly sliced Meyer lemons to simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a plate to dry out for 1 hour. Dip in additional baking sweetener when ready to serve.
- On a floured surface, lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry.
- Using a cookie cutter or large drinking glass, cut 3 ½" circles—transfer circles to the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add in the lemon zest and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener. Mix to combine.
- In the center of each puff pastry circle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Then, add a dollop of the lemon curd on top.
- Brush the puff pastry edges with an egg wash and sprinkle with a little Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before adding the candied lemon slices and dusting with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener.
- Serve and enjoy!