- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- First, prepare your candied lemons; simply bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in a ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. Add the thinly sliced Meyer lemons to simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and transfer to a plate to dry out for 1 hour. Dip in additional baking sweetener when ready to serve.
- On a floured surface, lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry.
- Using a cookie cutter or large drinking glass, cut 3 ½" circles—transfer circles to the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add in the lemon zest and Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener. Mix to combine.
- In the center of each puff pastry circle, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Then, add a dollop of the lemon curd on top.
- Brush the puff pastry edges with an egg wash and sprinkle with a little Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before adding the candied lemon slices and dusting with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this sweet pastry recipe? Check out some of our other fruit forward recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™! Dont forget to tag @purecane in any of your sweet creations!
Individual galettes with vanilla cheesecake filling and homemade triple berry jam: Triple Berry Cheesecake Galettes
Our Berry Chantilly cake is made with tender layers of vanilla cake, fresh berries, and fluffy whipped mascarpone frosting. The perfect mixture of decadent guilt-free frosting and freshness of seasonal berries brings smiles and sharing with this perfectly posh table masterpiece: Berry Chantilly Cake w/ Mascarpone Frosting
Homemade Strawberry Pop-Tarts: The traditional breakfast treat is usually high in sugars and processed fillers! This breakfast dupe is a kid-friendly treat using our All-Natural Zero-Calorie Sweeteners and yummy fresh fruit: Homemade Vegan Strawberry Pop-Tarts