French Plum Cake (Clafoutis)
This is the perfect easy-to-make cake for any brunch or last-minute get-together. This light and airy French treat is usually made with cherries, but we used stone fruit season as an opportunity to mix it up and use fresh plums. It is great on its own, or you can top it with ice cream for dessert or creme fraiche for brunch. This is so easy to throw together and addicting that it will quickly become a staple in your recipe repertoire.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
· 2 cups of fresh plums (about 2 large plums)
· Unsalted butter (to grease the baking pan)
· ½ cup + ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup all-purpose flour
· 3 eggs
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ cup plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
· Pinch of salt
· Optional: ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Confectioners Sweetener for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 9-inch round baking pan with butter.
- By hand, or using a hand mixer, mix the eggs and ½ cup of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener together until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just combined (salt, flour, and baking powder).
- Line around the bottom of your baking pan with slices of fresh plum.
- Pour your batter on top of the plums. Add more plum slices on top of the outer corners of the batter.
- Lightly dust the top with a ½ tablespoon of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until the cake is golden.
- Let the cake cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Lightly dust the top of the cake with ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Confectioners Sweetener.