French Plum Cake (Clafoutis)
· 2 cups of fresh plums (about 2 large plums)
· Unsalted butter (to grease the baking pan)
· ½ cup + ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup all-purpose flour
· 3 eggs
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ½ cup plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
· Pinch of salt
· Optional: ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Confectioners Sweetener for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 9-inch round baking pan with butter.
- By hand, or using a hand mixer, mix the eggs and ½ cup of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener together until just combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract and Greek yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just combined (salt, flour, and baking powder).
- Line around the bottom of your baking pan with slices of fresh plum.
- Pour your batter on top of the plums. Add more plum slices on top of the outer corners of the batter.
- Lightly dust the top with a ½ tablespoon of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes until the cake is golden.
- Let the cake cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Optional: Lightly dust the top of the cake with ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Confectioners Sweetener.