Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake
Perfect for any brunch, this Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake is sure to bring everyone together with it’s warm gooey cinnamon swirl filling. Plus you’ll enjoy it a little more knowing it’s made with Purecane Sweeteners so there’s a ton less sugar! Who doesn’t love a beautiful classic that’s oversized?
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 2 hr 10 mins
Servings: 12 servings
Giant Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
- 1 cup warm (not hot) oat or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted regular or vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 ½ cups regular all purpose flour
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Filling Ingredients
- ⅓ cup softened regular or vegan butter
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 4 oz regular or vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 ½ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- Prepare the vegan cinnamon roll dough by mixing the warm oat or almond milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and salt. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Add the all-purpose flour and mix until a dough forms. Leaving the dough in the bowl, form it into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour.
Tip: Sit the bowl on top of an oven preheated to 350°. The warmth from the oven helps the dough rise faster. Expect the vegan cinnamon roll dough to nearly double in size.
- After the dough has risen for an hour, place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Top with the Purecane™ Baking Sweetener and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-12 inch round baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut the slab of dough, lengthwise, into 2 ½ inch thick strands.
- Roll one of the stands into a pinwheel and place it into the center of your baking dish.
- Then, wrap the next strip around the pinwheel. Continue until you've used all of the dough.
- Once you have used all of the dough, cover the cinnamon roll with a kitchen towel and set aside for another 30 minutes. Your cinnamon roll will nearly double in size.
- Remove the towel and bake the roll in the oven for about 35 minutes.