Keto Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener (not packed)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or nut of choice)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon (can also use pumpkin spice)
- Pinch of Salt
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup half-and-half or heavy cream
Make the Keto Carrot Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease two 8-inch cake pans with butter or non-stick spray, then line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter and sweetener together for about 3 minutes on medium speed, until you get a light, fluffy, sandy texture. At light-medium speed, add the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating after each one. Then add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder. Mix the dry ingredients into your butter & egg mixture at low speed until just combined.
- Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
- Divide the batter between the two pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before frosting.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- While the cakes are cooling, beat together the room temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract at a low-medium speed, until it’s well-mixed and smooth.
- Add in half-and-half and mix until the frosting is the desired consistency. You can keep in the fridge until the cakes are cooled if necessary.
Assemble the Cake:
- Place one cake on a serving plate. Use a knife or an icing spatula to spread an even layer of frosting on top. Add the second cake on top, then spread the rest of the frosting on top and on the sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this Cake recipe? Check out some of our other cake recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
Surprise your friends and love ones with this delicious and unique cake recipe: Lemon Cardamom Cake
Enjoy your favorite coffee cake without all the guilt: Sugar-Free Coffee Cake
Taste the tropics from your own home: Hawaiian Pink Guava Cake