These colorful meringue bites are light as air, delightful, and so easy to make! Great with a cup of coffee and look fabulous on a serving tray at any event or get-together. The yummy melt-in-the-mouth experience of loveliness and airy treats will leave nothing but fond memories and sweet sayings. Time to add some flair to your next sweet recipe; try these and pair them with your favorite food coloring, and you'll have an immediately on theme treat!
· 2 tablespoons gelatin
· 1 cup water (cold)
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sugar-Free Lemon Curd Ingredients:
· ½ cup fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
· 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
· 5 egg yolks
· ½ stick of unsalted butter
· 1 cup white melting chocolate
· 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
· ¼ cup sugar-free lemon curd (place in small piping bag)
· Silicone candy molds
· Optional: Edible gold for decoration
For the Lemon Curd:
1. In a large saucepan, whisk together lemon juice, zest, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and eggs.
2. Stir in butter and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until curd has a few bubbles on the top (about 6-7 minutes). Be careful not to overcook as you’ll have pieces of cooked egg if the curd gets too hot.
3. Transfer lemon curd to a storage jar, like a mason or canning jar. Allow to cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, but you can store in the fridge for up to a week.
For the Meringue Bites:
4. To make the marshmallows, stir together the gelation and ½ cup cold water. Set aside to bloom for 10 minutes.
5. Add the remaining water, Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, and salt to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat up for 3 minutes (sweetener should be dissolved at this point).
6. Stir in vanilla.
7. Add the bloomed gelatin and hot sweetener mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer. Immediately begin whisking on low speed for 5 minutes, then increase speed to high until soft peaks (about 6 to 8 more minutes).
8. In the meantime, melt the white chocolate. Stir in the food coloring (optional).
9. Drizzle the white chocolate into each individual silicone candy mold. Rotate the mold around or use the back of a spoon to evenly spread the chocolate in the molds.
10. Working quickly, transfer the marshmallow fluff to a large piping bag. Pipe 3/4th full each chocolate mold.
11. Add a small piping of the lemon curd in the center of each (about ½ teaspoon).
12. Lastly, add a thin layer of white chocolate for the bottoms of the candy molds.
13. Let them set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to taking out of the molds for easy removal.
14. Serve and enjoy!