Low Sugar Raspberry Pistachio Muffins
Sweet low sugar treats are the trend this summer! This batch of guilt-free muffins has jammy fresh raspberry and an added crunch with pistachios. Try this recipe on your next weekend brunch with friends, or as a great meal prep item for the family. Weekends are made for brunching in sweet style. A simple treat good enough to eat!
By Lisa of @BeautyByBenz
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries (about 1 ½ cups)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: ½ tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners or grease with butter or non-stick spray.
- By hand, or using a hand mixer, mix the butter and 1½ cups of Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener together until just combined.
- Add in the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, eggs and milk). Stir to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients until well combined (salt, flour, and baking powder).
- Add the raspberries and pistachios. Stir until just combined, but be careful not to overmix.
- Pour your batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Optional: Lightly dust the top with a ½ tablespoon of Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener for garnish while the muffins are still warm from the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!