Homemade Lemon Ice Cream
A delicious frozen treat that is tangy and sweet! Your whole family will love ice cream made from scratch. You’ll never want to go back to store bought! Easy to prepare and even more delicious to enjoy, time to kick back and relax this summer with this guilt-free ice cream made with Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. We are melting over this sweet recipe!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 Lemons, juiced and zested
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and eggs. Whisk until the eggs are beaten and smooth. Place the saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk continuously for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sweetener is dissolved.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap to store in the fridge until cool to touch.
- Once cooled, combine the lemon mixture, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until well-combined.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Enjoy immediately or freeze until ready to serve! When ready to serve (if storing in freezer), allow 5-10 minutes to thaw at room temperature.