Poisoned Orchard Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
Spooky sippin’ is about to serve seriously wicked drinks. Need a little inspo for Halloween-inspired cocktails and mocktails? This deliciously sweet mocktail serves more than just good taste. A cup filled with crisp notes of fruit juices and a dash of lemon for a tangy twist makes for a fun and seriously spooky drink. Bottoms up!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Servings: 1 serving
- ¼ cup apple juice, no added sugars
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- ⅓ cup sparkling mineral water
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Ice cubes, for serving
- Dry ice, for serving (to create the “poisoned” effect)
- Rub the rim of a large cocktail glass with the honey.
- Place 1 teaspoon Purecane™ Spoonable Canister on a small plate. Dip the glass rim in the sugar to coat the honey.
- To make the mocktail, add the apple juice, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and remaining teaspoon sweetener into the sugar-rimmed glass. Lightly stir to combine.
- Add 2 to 3 ice cubes to the glass, then fill with the sparkling water.
- For the “poisoned” effect, serve with dry ice (see notes below).
Tips: When working with Dry Ice:
- Buy the dry ice up to 2 hours prior to working with it.
- REMEMBER TO NEVER TOUCH WITH YOUR BARE HANDS! It is recommended to use goggles and gloves.
- When breaking the dry ice into chunks, you want to do it right before serving. To break it up, start by dropping the bag on the ground a few times to break it up into larger chunks.
- Use a small chisel or clean screwdriver to break it up into serving sizes, about ½” - 1” size is ideal.
- Add the dry ice to your drinks when ready to serve using tongs. It should sink to the bottom of the glass/punch bowl and immediately create the smoking effect. Wait to drink until the dry ice cubes have dissolved, typically 5 to 10 minutes depending on their size. Enjoy and have fun!