Pumpkin Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
As we step into Fall, we look for the tastiest seasonal bakes, but we are shocked at how much sugar is in these tasty treats! This reduced sugar pumpkin loaf is the perfect Fall sharing dessert. Whether you want to share with friends or keep it all for yourself, this rich in flavor loaf will have you falling for fall recipes all over again, minus the guilt!
By Lisa of @BeautyByBenz
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (can also use ground cinnamon)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 cup no-sugar added pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup water
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
Make the Bread:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice) together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the wet ingredients together until well combined (eggs, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, pumpkin puree, oil, and water). Then mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool completely before frosting.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- While the bread is cooling, beat together the room temperature cream cheese and butter until smooth using a stand or hand mixer.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla extract at a low-medium speed, until it’s well-mixed and smooth.
- Add in half-and-half and mix until the frosting is the desired consistency. You can keep in the fridge until the bread is cooled if necessary.
Frost your Loaf:
- Place loaf on a serving plate. Use a knife or an icing spatula to spread an even layer of frosting on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Photo by Istetiana | Dreamstime.com