- 1 ½ overripe mashed banana
- ½ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (can use milk of choice)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour (can use gluten-free)
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the Oven to 400°F.
- Mix the mashed banana, melted vegan butter, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, almond milk, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together. Then, add the flour, oats, and milk. Add the flour and quick oats and mix until a thick batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into a greased casserole dish and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let the bars cool before slicing into 16 pieces. Option to top with sliced bananas.
- Serve and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this warm oatmeal chocolate inspired recipe? Check out some of our other breakfast/back to school inspired recipes using our all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of tang and a kick of zang, these sweet breakfast treats are here to serve: Rhubarb Crumble Bars
Enjoy your favorite breakfast beverage with the delicious breakfast staple: Sugar-Free Biscotti
Scrumptious naturally sweet scones for any occasion!: Lemon Blueberry Scones