No Added Sugar Homemade Apple Cider
Fall leaves drop to the ground, family time sitting around enjoying sweet Homemade Apple Cider. Nothing brings us closer together than the comfort of warm apple, cinnamon, and guilt-free sweetness while sharing memories and stories. This season is about making healthy alternative recipes that taste good and can be much better for you!
By Lisa of @BeautyByBenz
- 10 large apples (quartered)
- ½ orange (halved)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 whole nutmeg
- In a large pot over medium heat, add apples, oranges, spices, and Purecane™ zero-calorie Brown Sweetener. Add in water, filling at least 2” in the pot. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, keep covered, and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove oranges from the mixture, then turn off heat. Use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash apples. Once mashed, return to simmer uncovered for at least one more hour.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, press the solids with a wooden spoon to get all the liquids out. Then discard the solids.
- Serve the cider in your favorite fall-time mug. Optional: Add a cinnamon stick to garnish.