- 3 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (very cold)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the Oven to 375°F and prep a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener, and water. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low heat. Cover and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 mins while the rhubarb softens.
- Stir in ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir for about 1-2 minutes until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat. Add in vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry crust ingredients: 1 ½ cups flour, oats, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and baking soda. Using two forks or a pastry cutter, add in your very cold butter, cutting into your dry mixture until the texture is crumby/crumbly.
- Optional: add in a ½ cup or your favorite nuts, like walnuts or pecans. Set 1 cup of the crumble mixture aside.
- Press crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Evenly spread the rhubarb filling on top, and then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Once baked, allow to cool, slice into squares, and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.