Rhubarb Crumble Bars
- 3 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (very cold)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the Oven to 375°F and prep a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener, and water. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat to low heat. Cover and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 mins while the rhubarb softens.
- Stir in ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir for about 1-2 minutes until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat. Add in vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry crust ingredients: 1 ½ cups flour, oats, Purecane™ Brown Sweetener and baking soda. Using two forks or a pastry cutter, add in your very cold butter, cutting into your dry mixture until the texture is crumby/crumbly.
- Optional: add in a ½ cup or your favorite nuts, like walnuts or pecans. Set 1 cup of the crumble mixture aside.
- Press crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Evenly spread the rhubarb filling on top, and then sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Once baked, allow to cool, slice into squares, and enjoy!