Mini Lemon Bundt Cake Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 ¼ cups Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened yogurt (plain)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Lemon Curd Ingredients
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 (14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk (chilled)
- 2 teaspoons Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Zest
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F. Grease the bundt cake pans with coconut oil.
Prepare Lemon Curd:
- Fill the bottom pot of a double boiler with 1-2 inches of water. (Or use a heatproof glass bowl over a saucepan). Place on high heat. Once the water begins to boil, reduce to low heat to keep the water at a simmer.
- Place egg yolks, granulated sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt into the heatproof glass bowl. Using a whisk, mix until completely blended, then continue to whisk as the lemon curd cooks. Constant whisking will prevent the egg yolks from curdling.
- Whisk and continue to cook on low heat until the mixture becomes thick, resembling the texture of hollandaise sauce, about 10 minutes. (If the lemon curd isn’t thickening, turn up the heat a small amount and continue to whisk).
- Remove pan from heat. Cut the butter into about 6 pieces, then whisk into the curd. The butter will melt from the heat of the lemon curd.
- Pour lemon curd into a jar or bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top so it is touching the top of the curd (this prevents skin from forming on top). The curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Once cool, the plastic wrap can be removed (you can pop in the fridge to make it cool faster).
Make Mini Bundt Cakes:
- Zest and juice the two lemons (about 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of zest).
- With a stand or a handheld mixer, cream the butter and Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener for about 3 minutes until they are well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg and scraping the mixer bowl as necessary.
- Combine the lemon juice and zest with the yogurt in a measuring cup or bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and yogurt mixture alternately to the mixer bowl, about ⅓ at a time. Mix well after each addition until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the batter into a mini bundt cake pan (can also use a cupcake pan) filling each about ⅔ of the way full. Bake until the cakes are lightly browned on top and spring back when touched; about 12 minutes.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan for about 5 minutes until they’re cool enough to handle, then turn the pan upside down and gently shake the cakes out. Use a knife if necessary to loosen the edges of the cake.
Coconut Whipped Cream;
- Take the chilled coconut milk can out of the fridge. Scoop out only the solid parts into a small bowl, leaving all of the remaining liquid in the can.
- Add Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, vanilla extract, and beat until stiff. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of the coconut liquid to thin it out.
Create Single-Serve Trifles:
- Begin to layer fresh blueberries, bundt cake pieces, lemon curd, and whipped cream alternating until the mason jar is filled to preference. Chill trifles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Finish with whipped cream topping, fresh blueberries, and lemon zest. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.