Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato Dupe
By Kerstin of @Baby.Space.Alien
Prep Time: 12 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Servings: 1 servings
Apple Brown Sweetener Syrup Ingredients:
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup reduced sugar apple juice
- 1 cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
Spiced Apple Drizzle Ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons apple brown sugar syrup
- 2 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple brown sweetener syrup
- 2 oz espresso or double strength coffee
- 12 oz milk of your choice
- Apple crisp drizzle or caramel drizzle
- Optional: cinnamon or apple pie spice
Apple Brown Sweetener Syrup:
- Whisk water, reduced sugar apple juice and Purecane™ Brown Sweetener together in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave mixture for about two minutes until it starts to boil.
- Take the simple syrup mixture out and add spices. Whisk together.
- Put back in the microwave and heat until it just boils again. Watch carefully, it should take under one minute.
- Remove and let rest until cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Spiced Apple Drizzle:
- Stir the apple brown sweetener syrup and caramel sauce together in a small container until mixed.
Make the Macchiato:
- Add the apple brown sweetener syrup to the bottom of a large cup.
- In a separate cup, froth milk using a frothing tool then pour on top of the syrup in the other cup. Make sure there is at least a half inch of foam at the top and leave enough room for the espresso and, if serving cold, your ice.
- Gently pour the 2 oz of espresso or double-strength coffee on top of the milk.
- Add in your ice if needed and top with spiced apple drizzle.
- Optional to add a dash of cinnamon or apple pie spice sprinkled on top. Enjoy!