Strawberry Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
Fruity, creamy, and frozen? Yes, please! Our Strawberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is a quick and easy way to make a sweet way to cool off in the summer's heat. This simple dessert recipe made with Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener can be made with or without an ice cream machine! Skip the ice cream shop with this tasty frozen treat!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 13.4 oz cans of full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- ½ cup chocolate chips, or chocolate shavings (can use sugar-free chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: ¼ cup coconut shavings
- Place the coconut milk cans in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tops of the cans and scoop out the coconut cream (the solid white part) into a blender or food processor.
- Add the frozen strawberries, Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, and vanilla extract into the blender as well. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and coconut shavings. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. Turn on the machine according to manufacturer instructions. Once solid and creamy, enjoy immediately or store in a freezer safe container in the freezer until ready to serve.
How to make ice cream with no ice cream machine?
- Complete up to step 3 above. Do not add chocolate or coconut yet.
- Pour into a freezer-safe ziploc bag, squeeze all the air out, and seal.
- Freeze, laying flat, until solid (about 1-2 hours).
- Break up into chunks once frozen. Add into a food processor or blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Mix in chocolate and coconut as desired.