Sugar Cookie Oatmeal Bars
These chewy, buttery sugar cookie oatmeal bars taste like a cross between a sugar cookie, an oatmeal cookie, and a blondie! They're a vegan and gluten-free friendly treat that everyone in your home will love. Perfect for Valentine's Day sweets or any upcoming gathering. Take your party to the next level with these delicious bars.
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 12 servings
Sugar Cookie Oatmeal Bars Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup melted vegan butter (can use butter of choice)
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond or oat milk (can use milk of choice)
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- ½ cup quick oats
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- ¾ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
- 2 tablespoons softened or melted vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- 2 tablespoons softened vegan cream cheese (can use regular)
- Optional sprinkles
- Preheat the Oven to 375°F and grease a small 7-8 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the flax seed meal and warm water together to prepare the flax eggs. Set aside for about 2 minutes until a gel forms.
- Mix the oats, melted butter, milk of choice, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, baking powder, vanilla, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the flax eggs and mix well. Add the flour and oats and mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Transfer the oatmeal cookie dough to the greased baking dish and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- To make the vegan cream cheese frosting, mix the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, cream cheese, and butter together.
- When the oatmeal bars are done baking, allow them to cool and then cut them into 12 small bars. You can serve them individually or topped with vegan cream cheese frosting and sprinkles.
- Serve with a cold glass of milk, and enjoy!