Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Kick off your next party in a sweet direction. This is the perfect appetizer for your next gathering. Take the sugar out of your candied bacon treat, and pair your fan-favorite appetizer with our zero-calorie Brown Sweetener! No one will know these are sugar-free! 5 simple ingredients give you a snackable treat the whole family will love.
Made by Rowena of @ohrow
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 16 oz package of little smokies (or small cooked sausages)
- 15 slices bacon, each cut into 3 smaller sections
- ½ cup Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, packed
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less, according to your tastes
- Optional: pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove sausages from the packaging, pat dry with a paper towel, and wrap each individual link with a piece of the cut bacon. Place them seam-side down on a plate.
- Add Purecane™ Brown Sweetener, cayenne, and black pepper to a flat bowl or plate and combine. Roll the bacon wrapped sausages in the sweetener, and be sure to press the sweetener into the links. Repeat with all remaining sausages.
- Once sausages are coated evenly with spices and sweetener, begin placing smokies onto a wooden skewer leaving about ¾ -1” spacing between each link.
- Next, Line skewers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, flipping halfway through until the bacon is browned. For some extra crispness, broil for a couple of minutes after baking.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!