A classic Southern cocktail inspired by the Kentucky Derby made fresh in your kitchen! Muddled mint, bourbon, and mint-infused simple syrup are served over crushed ice, creating a well-balanced and sugar-free cocktail.
Made by Rowena of @ohrow
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 2 servings
Mint Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup Purecane™ Spoonable Canister
- 1 cup water
Mint Julep Ingredients:
- 4-5 stems of fresh mint leaves
- 4 ozs of Bourbon
- 1 oz of Mint Simple Syrup
- Combine all simple syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes or until the sweetener dissolves completely. Strain out the mint leaves and let cool. (Tip: Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days in an airtight container).
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, muddle mint leaves in a cocktail shaker and add the remaining ingredients. Stir with ice until chilled.
- Pour into two julep glasses. Cover with crushed ice and garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve and enjoy!