Sugar-Free Biscotti Ingredients
- 1 cup whole almonds (can use pistachios for a fun twist)
- 2/14 cup almond flour
- 1/12 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener
- ¾ cup Purecane™ brown sweetener (not packed)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds evenly over the baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until almonds are a light golden brown. Optional: Try using pistachios for a fun twist on this classic!
- While the almonds toast, mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your room temperature eggs, olive oil, and extracts. Whisk lightly together.
- When almonds are toasted, remove from the oven, give them a light chop and set aside to cool.
- Add the dry mixture and wet mixtures together, stirring until just combined. Once the almonds are cool, fold them into the mixture.
- Scoop out the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, making into a log shape. Using slightly wet hands, gently shape the mixture into a defined log shape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow the log to cool for about 10 minutes, so that it’s cool enough to handle.
- Remove from the baking sheet and transfer to a cutting board so that you are able to cut the sugar-free biscotti into slices that are about ½” thick.
- Place the sugar-free biscotti on their sides on the baking sheet, and pop them back in the oven for another 15 - 20 minutes, flipping them at the halfway point.
- Remove sugar-free biscotti cookies from the oven and allow them to cool, then enjoy with your favorite beverage!