Sugar-Free Iced Lemon Cookies
- ½ cup cashew butter (can use unsweetened nut butter of choice)
- ½ cup maple syrup (see recipe here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Make the cookies:
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients: cashew butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, mix well. Then add all dry ingredients almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener. Mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough, and place on the lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops slightly with the palm of your hands or back of the spoon.
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. (about 10 minutes)
- While cookies cool, mix the icing ingredients, then drizzle on top of the cooled cookies, zest with lemon. Serve and enjoy!