SUGAR-FREE UBE PURPLE YAM COOKIES
These purple sweeties will take over your cookie jar and become your new holiday favorite.
By Thomas John of @thomasjohn26
- 1/2 cup Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup ube halaya (jam)
- 1 teaspoon ube extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener (about 1/4 cup ground in coffee grinder if you have one)
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients aside from Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener (flour, baking powder, salt) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, add butter and Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener. Beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and continue to beat. Add ube halaya and ube extract and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients (in thirds). Mix until just incorporated. Remove dough and chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove dough from the freezer and scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. The recipe should yield about 18 balls. Place dough balls on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. When done baking cool on a cooling rack.
- Dust cookies with powdered Purecane™ zero calorie baking sweetener (ground in coffee grinder). Enjoy!