Sugar-free Whipped Cream Frosting
Creamy and delicate, whipped cream frosting is an excellent option for piping decorative swirls and nailing the professional cupcake swoosh. The low fat content of this frosting will yield soft colors when tinted vs the bright tones you can achieve with a buttercream.
The trick to this frosting is to chill your bowl and whisk in advance.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Purecane confectioners sweetener
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- If you plan to pipe this frosting, you will also need 2 tablespoons clear piping gel
- In chilled bowl combine heavy cream and Purecane. If you are tinting the frosting, add color now while everything is liquid.
- Place chilled whisk and set mixer to high, beating until soft peaks form
- Add vanilla and piping gel (if you're planning to pipe) and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Do not over-beat because this will cause the cream to separate and turn into butter
- If you want the frosting to stay bright white, use clear vanilla extract