Vegan Halloween Chocolate Sprinkle Donut Holes
Sweet and gooey, no one will ever guess they’re made with purple sweet potatoes!
By Caitlin of kaleforniakravings.com
Chocolate Donut Holes Ingredients:
- 1 ⅓ cups non dairy milk
- 5 tablespoons (melted) vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- Optional: Halloween sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350 °F and grease 60 silicone donut hole molds, set aside.
Make The Donuts:
- In a medium bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, melted vegan butter (or unsalted butter), Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and cocoa powder together until the mixture is smooth. Then, mix in the flour until a batter forms. Be careful not to over-mix, or your donuts will be dense.
- Spoon the batter into 60 greased silicone donut hole molds. Fill each mold about ⅔ to ¾ of the way full. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the donuts have risen and come easily out of the mold.
Prepare Your Frosting:
- While the donuts are baking, melt the vegan chocolate chips and vegan butter (or unsalted butter) together to make the topping. Sprinkle or roll the donut holes with Halloween sprinkles while the chocolate topping is still wet.
- Serve and enjoy!