Chocolate Donut Holes Ingredients:
- 1 ⅓ cups non dairy milk
- 5 tablespoons (melted) vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- 1 cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (can use unsalted butter)
- Optional: Halloween sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350 °F and grease 60 silicone donut hole molds, set aside.
Make The Donuts:
- In a medium bowl, mix the non-dairy milk, melted vegan butter (or unsalted butter), Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and cocoa powder together until the mixture is smooth. Then, mix in the flour until a batter forms. Be careful not to over-mix, or your donuts will be dense.
- Spoon the batter into 60 greased silicone donut hole molds. Fill each mold about ⅔ to ¾ of the way full. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the donuts have risen and come easily out of the mold.
Prepare Your Frosting:
- While the donuts are baking, melt the vegan chocolate chips and vegan butter (or unsalted butter) together to make the topping. Sprinkle or roll the donut holes with Halloween sprinkles while the chocolate topping is still wet.
- Serve and enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.
Did you like this Halloween treat recipe? Check out some of our other sugar-free Halloween recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A SPOOK-tacular treat that will excite everyone at your next Halloween event: Spooky Halloween Monster Cookies
Spooky season is upon us, and we have the drink that will frighten up your night!: Vampire Bite Cocktail
The guilt-free, layered candy bar that is sure to make you scream! (happy scream of course): Oatmeal Cookie Layered Candy Bars