Chocolate Coconut Banana Muffins
We are calling all chocolate lovers! This scrumptious muffin recipe combines the richness of sweet chocolate chips and the deep and tropical flavors of banana and coconut. This easy recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and is sure to be a family fan favorite. You’ll forget you’re eating breakfast because these muffins taste like a true chocolate dessert. Time to enjoy a healthier alternative version of a chocolate treat, minus the calories!
· 2 large bananas (ripe)
· 1 large egg
· 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded)
· 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
· ½ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
· ¾ cup semi sweet or sugar-free chocolate chips
· ½ cup plain greek yogurt
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil (can use melted coconut oil)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash two bananas with a fork until consistency is close to a chunky applesauce texture. Keep mashed bananas on the side of the bowl.
- On the other side of the bowl, combine greek yogurt and baking soda. Stir ingredients together and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the baking soda to activate.
- Then add ½ teaspoon fine salt, ¼ cup oil, ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, one egg, coconut shreds, and one teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk the ingredients until just combined.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, sift, combine and whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips together until thoroughly combined.
- Next, combine the dry ingredients into bowl with the wet ingredients using a spatula until just combined, be sure not to overmix.
- Once the mixture is prepared, scoop muffin batter into your prepared muffin tray, filling cups ¾ to the top. Then bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the batter comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store muffins at room temperature (covered) for three days for remaining muffins.