- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash two bananas with a fork until consistency is close to a chunky applesauce texture. Keep mashed bananas on the side of the bowl.
- On the other side of the bowl, combine greek yogurt and baking soda. Stir ingredients together and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the baking soda to activate.
- Then add ½ teaspoon fine salt, ¼ cup oil, ½ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie Baking Sweetener, one egg, coconut shreds, and one teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk the ingredients until just combined.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, sift, combine and whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips together until thoroughly combined.
- Next, combine the dry ingredients into bowl with the wet ingredients using a spatula until just combined, be sure not to overmix.
- Once the mixture is prepared, scoop muffin batter into your prepared muffin tray, filling cups ¾ to the top. Then bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the batter comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store muffins at room temperature (covered) for three days for remaining muffins.
Did you like this reduced sugar muffin recipe? Check out some of our other breakfast treat recipes using all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of tang and a kick of zang, these sweet breakfast treats are here to serve: Rhubarb Crumble Bars
Enjoy your favorite breakfast beverage with the delicious breakfast staple: Sugar-Free Biscotti