Lemon Olive Oil Cake
Mina Stone’s Lemon Olive Oil Cake is the perfect cake for any fun gathering! This delightful addition of a not-so-common cake ingredient (olive oil) keeps it deliciously moist and easy to prepare. The juice and zest of lemons keeps this treat refreshing and truly a show stopper at any dinner party, shower, or brunch gathering. We were so inspired by Mina’s cake, we had to make a no-sugar-added version using Purecane all-natural, zero-calorie sweeteners. When life gives you lemons, make cake!
· 1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
· 3 large eggs
· 1¼ cups + 1 tablespoon Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener
· 1¼ cups milk of choice
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· Zest and juice of 2 lemons
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
·½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line the bottom of a 9” springform pan with parchment paper, then lightly grease the pan with olive oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 ½ cups of good olive oil, and 1 ¼ cups Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener. Mix until well combined. Once mixed, add in milk, vanilla extract, zest, and juice from two lemons. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, mix your remaining dry ingredients together (flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda). Create a small pit in the center of the mixture to add in the wet ingredients mixture. Start to mix together ingredients at a slow speed until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared springform pan, and sprinkle your remaining tablespoon of Purecane™ zero- calorie Baking Sweetener on top of the batter (this will give an oh-so-decadent light crunch on the top of the cake once it’s done).
- Place your cake into the oven and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the cake is golden brown. (You can use a toothpick to test the center; once the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready.) Once the cake is ready, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, release cake from pan and place on serving plate.
- Optional: lightly dust the top of the cake with Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener and some lemon zest.
- Serve and enjoy!