Sugar-free Cream Cheese Frosting
A classic topper for carrot cake and red velvet cake, cream cheese frosting is easy to whip up with a stand or hand mixer.
- 4 cups Purecane zero calorie confectioners sweetener
- 2 blocks of full-fat cream cheese at room temperature (16 oz total)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium-high until smooth.
- Add 4 cups of Purecane confectioners sweetener, cream/milk, vanilla, and salt. Beat until completely combined and creamy.
- The frosting should be soft but not runny. Some cream cheese can have more water content than others. If you need to thicken your results, add in some additional Purecane confectioners sweetener in small amounts, completely incorporating before adding more.