Time for a seriously spook-tastic treat! These gooey ghoulish brownies are not only deliciously decorated sweets but also so easy to make! This recipe is all about chocolatey goodness and fluffy sugar-free frosting decorated with fun Halloween sweets! A showstopper that your family will love to bake, and your guests are guaranteed to enjoy!
By Lauren of @brightmomentco
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 16 servings
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped chocolate
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 8 Milano cookies
- 2 Tablespoons melted chocolate (chocolate of choice)
- ¼ cup green frosting (Purecane sugar-free frosting HERE)
- 16 candy pumpkins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9"x9" baking pan with parchment paper that overlays the edges for easy removal after baking.
Make the Brownies
- Melt the butter and ¼ cup chopped chocolate over low heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and Purecane™ Baking Sweetener for 2 minutes, until frothy. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture and beat for 1 more minute.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder and mix. Add this into the chocolate mixture and fold just until combined. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let cool completely in the pan for 30-60 minutes before slicing into 16 rectangles.
Decorate the Gravestone Brownies
- Cut the Milano cookies in half, then pipe "RIP" on each half towards the rounded end. Gently press the Milano cookie halves into the brownies.
- Add a teaspoon size amount of green frosting near the cookie and place a candy pumpkin on top.
- Repeat with remaining brownies. Enjoy!