- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup shelled pistachios (+ extra for garnish)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon almond extract
- ⅔ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons Purecane™ Brown Sweetener for garnish
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and lightly spray a 12-muffin baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and the roughly chopped pistachios. Mix together and set aside.
- In another bowl, using a mixer or whisk, mix the room temperature butter and Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener together until the mixture becomes fluffy and light (about 2-4 mins). Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing them well after each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and greek yogurt. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl, gently fold together with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins, then sprinkle the tops with the roughly chopped pistachios.
- Bake the muffins for about 15-20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown (use a toothpick or fork to check the muffins: if the toothpick is clean, your muffins are done).
- Once the muffins are baked, remove them from the oven and sprinkle the tops with a little Purecane™ Brown Sweetener (optional). Allow them to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
You will love the taste of Purecane Baking Sweetener and how similar it browns to sugar. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your Purecane baking experience:
- Don’t forget to bring your butter to room temperature if you are blending butter with Purecane.
- Purecane will take a little longer to blend with butter, but it is worth the wait.
- If you prefer a moister baked result, consider increasing your eggs or the amount of butter you use.
- For recipes calling for 1 cup or more of PURECANE™ Baking Sweetener, you may wish to add 1/8 teaspoon of salt for a better balanced sweetness.