Sugar-Free Meringue Cookies Recipe
Life is better with sugar-free meringue whipped cookies!
By Tasia of @twosugarbugs
Sugar Free Meringue Cookies Ingredients
- 3 large egg whites
- ¾ cup Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- Optional: food coloring gel
- Preheat the oven to 200°F and line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Use lemon juice or vinegar to wipe your medium-sized bowl, the whisk attachment of your stand mixer, and then the whisk you are using to mix. (Ensure that your tools are grease-free and so that your egg whites don’t stiffen)
- Whisk egg whites, Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener, and cream of tartar in a heatproof bowl.
- Set the heatproof bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of simmering water. (Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water) Whisk constantly until the Purecane™ zero-calorie baking sweetener is dissolved and becomes frothy in texture, with a small amount of texture (about 4 minutes). Remove the bowl from the saucepan and wipe the bottom of the bowl dry.
- Transfer the mixture to an electric mixer fitted with your whisk attachment. Add the vanilla extract, beat the mixture on medium speed until a stiff peak forms (About 4-5 minutes). Be careful not to over mix.
- Transfer the meringue mixture to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice and pipe your sugar free meringue cookies onto your lined baking pan.
- Bake sugar free meringue cookies for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours. At the 1 hour 45 minute mark, check to see if the cookies easily release from the parchment paper, they are done. If they need more time continue to check periodically every 15 minutes until done. Once sugar free meringue cookies are done, turn off the oven and allow cookies to cool completely while still in the oven with the door closed.
- Optional: To get colorful sugar free meringue cookies use a gel-based food coloring and lightly paint four equal stripes of food coloring down the sides of the piping bag.