Red Velvet Brownies
These oh-so-tasty red velvet brownies are the key to anyone's heart! We adore these scrumptious vegan red velvet brownies made using our all-natural, zero calorie Baking Sweetener and Confectioners Sweetener. Anything is possible with Purecane and a little pink.
By Jill of @peanutbutterandjillybeans
Red Velvet Brownies:
· 2 flax eggs or 1 regular egg
· (mix 2 tablespoons flax seed meal with 4 tablespoons hot water, set aside)
· ½ cup melted vegan butter (or unsalted butter)
· 1 cup Purecane™ Baking Sweetener
· 1 tablespoon almond milk (or milk of choice)
· 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ¼ cup cocoa powder
· ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
· 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
· Optional: ¼ teaspoon salt (only needed if using unsalted butter)
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
· 1 ½ cups Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener
· 4 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (or regular cream cheese)
· 4 tablespoons softened vegan butter (or unsalted butter)
· Optional: pink and red sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat the Oven to 375°F and grease a 9x11” ceramic baking dish. Set aside.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing two tablespoons of flaxseed meal with 4 tbsp hot water. Set aside for 2 minutes until a gel forms.
- Then use a fork to mix the flaxseed meal with the melted vegan butter, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, almond milk, baking powder, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Add a pinch of salt if desired and mix in the flour. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips and transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until the brownies are browned around the edges.
- While the brownies are baking, use an electric hand mixer or whisk to mix the Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, cream cheese, and vegan butter. Allow the brownies to cool before frosting them and serving topped with sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!