Strawberry Pop-Tart Filling Ingredients:
Vegan Strawberry Glaze Ingredients:
- Preheat the Oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the strawberry filling by melting butter into a saucepan on medium heat. Add the strawberries, Purecane™ Baking Sweetener, and lemon juice, stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until the berries begin to bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in the cornstarch and flour. Set aside.
- Prepare the pop tart dough by mixing the milk, butter, maple syrup, almond extract, and baking powder together. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the dough onto a sheet of parchment paper that has been sprinkled with flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ to ⅓ inch thick rectangular slab. You may need to use your hands to help form the dough into a rectangle. Slice the rectangle into about 20 smaller rectangles.
- Drop a large tablespoon of the strawberry pop tart filling the center of 10 rectangles. Top each pastry with the remaining dough rectangles and use a fork to press down around the edges to create a pop tart shape. You should have 10 to 12 pop tarts.
- Transfer each pop tart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the pop tarts are golden in color. While pop-tarts are baking, use a whisk to whisk together the strawberry jam, Purecane™ Confectioners Sweetener, and milk of choice.
- Pour the strawberry glaze over each pop tart once it's cooled and top with sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this scrumptious fruit inspired recipe? Check out some of our other fruit-inspired recipes using our all-natural, zero-calorie Purecane™!
A touch of tang and a kick of zang, these sweet breakfast treats are here to serve: Rhubarb Crumble Bars
A mixture of berry and sweet with topping of vanilla ice cream: Triple Berry Cheesecake Galettes
Scrumptious naturally sweet scones for any occasion!: Lemon Blueberry Scones